Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes We Can...And We DID!

Today was a great day in American history, and I am proud and honored to have been a part of it. With the swearing in of President Barack Obama officially over, it becomes more real with every passing moment that we have a thoughtful, compassionate, caring, intelligent, and charismatic man leading our nation and it's people. A brilliant man and a great leader that has instilled a sense of hope, a willingness to change, and an undeniable unity within the people of the United States of America. And within me. For the first time, I feel like a part of history, that we are stepping into a time of great progress and contributing to the improvement and betterment of our nation. I'm so proud that our nation was able to see past the color of a man's skin to see the true value of his spirit and all that he has to offer.

This is a day that I will never forget. Although I worked the majority of the day, I made sure to take my break so that I could witness the swearing in of Barack Obama and this great moment in history. I was surprised to find that the entire break room was filled, mostly everyone there to watch this monumental occasion. When Obama was officially sworn in as the 44th President of the United States, the entire room rose to it's feet and applauded. Including me. The electricity, excitement, and hope in the room was enough to bring tears to my eyes, as well as many of my fellow co-workers. It was amazing to see a room filled with people of all different races and nationalities (and some not even citizens of the U.S.) be so moved; it was a moment of true unity, one where everyone saw eye-to-eye, past color, past our differences.

Hail to the Chief!

No comments: