Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things that make me feel good (and not so good) about myself...

Yesterday I had a rather exciting day at work.

I worked with a co-worker named Luis, one who I had only worked with once before for a few hours. Yesterday, Luis and I had the opportunity to talk for most of the day, since our workload consisted of watching dust accumulate on computer monitors. So, Luis was asking me about where I lived, who I lived with, if I was married (which has been an oh-so-popular question lately...with the same bitter, defeated answer of "NO"), etc. Then he asked me how old I was, and since I'm usually a glutton for punishment, I asked him how old he thought I was. And he actually said that he thought I was 21! Twenty-one fucking years old, ohmygodohmygodohmygod, YESSSS! When I told him I was actually 27, he said that he would have never guessed...and it made my fucking week. He is my new favorite person.

Later that same day, I went to shoot a session with the most amazing family, Heather, Nick and Natalie. Heather, the mom, was commending me during the session for treating her two-year-old daughter, Natalie, so well. She actually told me that I am really good with children and then asked me if I had any children of my own. After the initial pain of the "you're single with no children" knife twisting deeper in my heart, I told her I didn't have any children. Heather responded that it seemed that I had children of my own because I seemed so comfortable around her daughter. It really made me happy to know that a mother was able to commend me on something like this, especially since I've been thinking a ton about children lately...

All in all, it was not a bad day.

No comments: