Thursday, January 15, 2009

Things I Like: All Things PINK



I bought this orchid last week at Ikea after years of wanting one and never following through...surprising, I know (that is, the part about "not following through").

I've named my orchid "Sally," and every time I think about the name Sally I'm reminded of the Oasis song, "Don't Look Back in Anger," where they belt out "Sooooo, Sally can wait, she knows it's too late as we're walking on by." So, needless to say, I've had this damn song in my head for the past week.

So far during the past week, three of the buds opened up and bloomed, much to my surprise. I've never been able to keep a plant alive (and this is coming from a girl that can kill a cactus. A cactus, people. I mean, really...). So, I'm a little worried about the instructions on watering, and wanted to know if there were any suggestions on what to do.

This is what came with Sally: Water by immersing in a water-bath.

Really? What the hell does that even mean? Water-bath? Immerse the pot? Immerse the flowers? How long? How often? What? Urg. So after careful consideration (meaning, sheer frustration), I watered the plant like a regular 'ol plant. Now, let's see how long I can keep Sally alive...





I bought this wall calendar in the Japan pavilion at Epcot and lovelovelove it (and all things Japanese)! It's about an 8x10 size, and it's 100% handmade; the images are silk-screened onto the handmade paper, and each month features a simple design showcasing flora or fauna.

I'll be sure to update each month so you can see the cute designs and great colors.

No comments: