Wednesday, October 1, 2008

rei.com

As most of you know, I have a horrible (or is it so horrible, really?) habit of carrying around a hot pink Nalgene water bottle with me practically everywhere that I go. And since I've been carrying around this beaten up, gross, old, smelly water bottle for the past 18+ months, I thought it was about time to upgrade to a new version.

I found out about rei.com in the September issue of Cosmo magazine on my way to Missy's wedding. Cosmo raved about these eco-friendly water bottles, and I was looking forward to coming home to order one.

Here are some of the specs:

More than just pretty, a SIGG water bottle is extrusion-pressed from a single piece of aluminum for seamless, leakproof construction!

Plus, a taste-neutral, food-compatible enamel is sprayed and baked to the interior surface

The result is a crack-resistant bottle impervious to the acidity of wine, juices and isotonic drinks

Interior coating will not leach into fluids; bottles can be refrigerated but should not be frozen

Mix and match for fun—colorful bottles and caps are completely interchangeable

Rugged aluminum bottles are completely recyclable at the end of their long lives

The image below is the bottle that I ordered, the description being "Earth." There are so many more choices...you should check them out at rei.com!!!

3 comments:

Colleen_Katana said...

Oooh, let me know how good it is and if it's worth the money!

Kim M. said...

It's pretty.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.