Thursday, August 7, 2008

My new (old) job.

Today I accepted a part-time position back at DPI as a photographer at the Disney's Hollywood Studios. My last day at my current job is on August 22, and I start training (again) on August 24 to become a PhotoPass photographer (again). I'm excited about this new chapter in life - I have a series of goals that I would like to accomplish in the next six months, and I feel like things are finally falling into place in order for me to do so. Working part-time is definitely going to help me reach and accomplish my goals. Money will be extremely tight for me in the next few months to come, but it is a small price to pay for my happiness.

Here are my goals (so far) for the next six months:
  • Remain POSITIVE!
  • Completely focus and dedicate myself to being fit, healthy, and happy.
  • Complete my parent's wedding album (something I've promised to do for the past two years).
  • Organize/sort all of my old photos and negatives for potential use in my portfolio.
  • Shoot more! This includes both personal work and/or projects as well as professional work. Essentially, build up my portfolio and incorporate some variety.
  • Create a portfolio website for my work.
  • Create a print portfolio of my work.
  • Take digital imaging classes and/or workshops to enhance my Photoshop skills.
  • Network, network, network.
  • Enter at least two photography contests.
  • Job shadow an event/wedding photographer at the Disney Event Group.
  • Work part-time at a photography studio, or job shadow a working photographer.

I'm sure some of my goals will change, some will get thrown out, or the list might grow, but I think that this is a decent list to get stated with.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Take 5 Photography said...

GOOD LUCK Ennyl!!Great list, I know you can do it...so glad you're staying positive.

Though you forgot this bullet point:

-Move to Vancouver, WA and sleep in Missy's bed and be her business partner.


NOW it's complete.

Everything Lynne said...

Thanks! That's an unwritten goal...to move and do something different, that is. But it is a definite possibility to come to WA! Based on how awesome your wedding is...no pressure...yeah, I'm just kidding.

Kim M. said...

Dit. On Missy's encouraging words, NOT about you moving to freakin WA. What the BLEEP am I supposed to do if Lynne moves clear across the good ol' U S of A, huh Missy?!

Colleen_Katana said...

Yay for goals! Good luck, hun!

No, no, you should ALL move to the Northeast. That would be fucking awesome, lady. DO IT!

Um, btw, try submitting some photographs to Jpeg Magazine. I think you can do it all online and it's a pretty cool publication.